Happy Solstice Things

20 Dec

I changed my name legally in 1995. I got a court order because that was easier, and I had a well-paying job at the time.

I’d read up on it. There was still kind of a choice back then. I expect that’s long over now though.

You used to be able to change your name just by deciding to change your name and doing so in good faith, i.e. changing it consistently on legal records without intent to defraud.

~~~~

“The key to life was simple: Keep yourself entertained, stave off boredom, avoid discomfort, hang onto your job long enough to collect Social Security and hope for a way out before you came up for euthanasia.” From 2024, by Ted Rall.

~~~

Bitter Poetry Corner

When the kerosene runs out
It will remove all doubt
We’ll sing our hearts out
When the kerosene runs out.

When our bitters run with mad
We’ll review all the bad
And when reviews run with pain,
We’ll just flush it down the drain.

~~~

Comment Despair Win!

kids seem to have trouble making choices. maybe their parents told them what to do all the time. if they get pressured into stem lkke ted was, when they get out of.the house, other forces start to effect them and they realise science is work and they are lazy.

Nerds never wish to be quarterbacks because that would be like flying by flapping your arms. they are outcast and unloved in high school, they cant talk to girls and they dont have a car. stem looks like a way out, but no matter how smart they are, they are never on the inside. the QB is the owner or director and they are the grunts.

~~~~~

The dust blows forward and the dust blows back.

You’re Welcome.

7 Responses to “Happy Solstice Things”

1. Miep 2013/12/20 at 1:51 am #

Relevant:

2. Miep 2013/12/20 at 2:56 am #

More happy solstice things:

3. Miep 2013/12/20 at 3:01 am #

“Listen all you fools out there. Go on and love me, I don’t care.” That”

4. Exile on Pain Street 2013/12/20 at 5:00 am #

When I got married, I took my wife’s name. That’s right. I’m a dude with my wife’s last name. Daddy issues. Long story. If I had known how complicated it was I probably wouldn’t have bothered. New passport. New bank accounts and credit cards. New social security card. New billing name. And on, and on, and on. I thought you tell the receptionist at work and she blabs it to everyone. It’s not that easy.

• Miep 2013/12/20 at 4:10 pm #

It’s striking how rigidly identity is enforced, compared to the past. We live with things that are quite new concepts, and take them for granted.

5. BroadBlogs 2013/12/20 at 12:05 pm #

You’ve got a lot on your mind today. Seems to be a bit of irony in the “Happy Solstice things.”

• Miep 2013/12/20 at 4:09 pm #

Gotta do something to mark the solstice. Some of this was just stuff cluttering up my ipad notes.