BDSM Lessons For Trans Kids

29 Aug

“Summer is for beaches, ice cream and, now, transgender camp.

The first camp expressly for transgender kids will open in Tasmania this summer, ABC reports. The 2016 Trans Camp camp will be open to transgender kids of all ages, their families and friends. In addition to art workshops and sports activities, organizers will provide sessions on mental health, online harassment and transgender rights and courses such as “Makeup 101,” “BDSM 101” and “Paganism 101.”

First Camp for Transgender Kids to Open in Australia Next Month

11 Responses to “BDSM Lessons For Trans Kids”

1. roughseasinthemed 2016/08/29 at 12:51 am #

I notice that the BDSM course is apparently for over 18s. Did you read the comment about segregated accommodation based on gender identity? I thought that was brill. So all the boys who wanna be girls will be in girly dorms and all the girls who wanna be boys will be in boy dorms. You couldn’t make this stuff up.

• Miep 2016/08/29 at 1:00 am #

“Transgender Kids Of All Ages.” I missed that part. This is very good news for the StephOnKnees of Australia.

Liked by 3 people

• friendpilgrim 2016/08/29 at 6:16 am #

Especially since not all the adults will be identifying out of their birth sex, so there will not be a way to reliably request a room assignment with no adult males in it. I don’t see this going good places.

Liked by 2 people

• roughseasinthemed 2016/08/29 at 6:45 am #

Some time back I wrote about being unwilling to share a train sleeping compartment or a ship cabin with a man. When I book accommodation for women, that’s who I expect to share with. Not men or men who ‘feel’ like they are women. I got the hell ripped out of me by a pro trans group. But, there is a reason why we have segregated accommodation, and all women should continue to be able to have the right to sleep and use showers and toilets without worrying about some penis bearer invading their space.

Liked by 3 people

• friendpilgrim 2016/08/29 at 2:50 pm #

I pretty much always book private accommodations on the train, and even with that precaution wound up texting a friend the description of a creepy guy who kept staring at me in the waiting area for the train. And this is actually one of the stories I tell when some asshole proposes that modesty would solve everything. I was wearing a dress down to my ankles, covering my collarbones, long sleeves, and double thick modesty panels. Oh, and a prayer cap on my head. I was sitting with other plainly dressed women, knitting – and he wasn’t staring at the group in general. When I got up to get coffee, he watched me. The hair on my neck was standing straight up.

And the thing is that males who identify as women do exactly the same creepy things that males who identify as men do, along with some creepy stuff all their own. We deserve the ability to travel without having to wonder how good knitting needles would be as an emergency weapon. (These were steel sock dpns, so not very good, probably.) if there was a carriage just for females, I would use that. But you know if we got one that they would invade. If they would just leave us alone, I’d be fine with riding coach.

Liked by 1 person

• roughseasinthemed 2016/08/29 at 3:10 pm #

My gripe here is that I have travelled in women only compartments in India, Spain, France, on ships from Spain and France to the UK. But how much longer will that last in the face of the intransigent lobby?

Liked by 2 people

2. Miep 2016/08/29 at 12:58 am #

OIC. So the camp for trans kids is also teaching BDSM to adults, at the same time. For some reason I do not find this reassuring.

Liked by 2 people

3. Miep 2016/08/29 at 1:15 am #

Generally speaking, camps for children do not also invite adults with sexual violence fetishes to co-attend. It’s considered bad form.

Liked by 3 people

4. purplesagefem 2016/08/29 at 5:03 am #

Yeah this is awful. These kids are in danger, especially the girls.

Liked by 2 people

5. Miep 2016/08/29 at 6:47 am #

What they are actually doing is dodgy as hell, but the ad copy, implying they are teaching BDSM to children, is never going to go away.

Liked by 1 person