What The Fuck Is Wrong With You People

27 Nov

1867A4E1-444A-4110-82FF-9E16C488D7ADThis meme is absolutely horrible. Wasps and bees are almost all female, and they both play their parts in healthy natural communities. Adult wasps capture insect larvae to feed their young, sometimes spiders, a few parasitize spiders. This meme is a horrible misrepresentation. Whoever made this is either no feminist or else doesn’t care about the natural living world, or both. Disgusting.

I found this meme on “Women’s Liberation Front” on Facebook. Who is in charge there? Serious feminists would not let this slide. Fucking embarrassment.

6 Responses to “What The Fuck Is Wrong With You People”

1. purplesagefem 2017/11/27 at 5:20 am #

I shared this in a group. Oops. I don’t know anything about the natural world either. 😦

• Miep 2017/11/27 at 5:22 am #

Thanks. It was annoying. X

• purplesagefem 2017/11/27 at 7:13 am #

Like I shared it uncritically, not to demonstrate what was wrong with it. Anyway, I deleted it now. Might as well not spread it. I know nothing about bees or wasps except for to run away when one comes near me. I wouldn’t even be able to differentiate between the two if I saw them.

2. Dana 2018/07/25 at 10:20 pm #

Bees and wasps can both play an important role in the natural world and bees are still allowed to be fucking annoyed and outraged that wasps sometimes steal their young. If some bear ate me, it’d all be playing a role in the natural world (and probably my fault for being an idiot around a bear), and it would still be tragic from my personal point of view.

It’s a metaphor. And women can be misogynistic too.

• Miep 2018/07/25 at 10:28 pm #

Nope. It’s used to imply the wasp is a man. It’s bad enough to drag nonhumans into this, let alone not know enough about them to even know what sex they are. The fact that women can behave badly is irrelevant because this is never used to discuss that. It’s completely dishonest and it irritates the hell out of me.

3. Rikki 2018/07/30 at 2:30 pm #

I may be wrong, but from the way I understood it, this is a commentary on trans-identified males trying to appropriate womanhood. To my knowledge, it was drawn in response to this “transphobia” comic (linked below). In case the link is broken at a later date, the writing is as follows:

Title: “Adventures in Anthropomorphism”
    [A butterfly on the left]: Hello, I am a butterfly.
    [A snail on the right, to the butterfly]: Hello caterpillar. You are a caterpillar.
    Conclusive title: “Transphobia”
    [By @DrawingsofDogs]

Link to comic: https://drawingsofdogs.bigcartel.com/product/transphobia-butterfly